PaperClip Incorporated Security Policy
Our Policy is a statement of the safeguards we employ on behalf of our customers, and an important part of our continuing commitment to provide excellence in customer service.
Dear Valued Customer,
Our responsibility to our customers extends beyond the commitment to provide excellent products and services. It includes the very real obligation to protect the trust our customers have placed in us.
In choosing our company for their document management and exchange needs, our customers have entrusted us with personal information. This information makes it possible to provide the high standard of service they have come to expect from PaperClip Incorporated. That high standard has always included guarding our customers' privacy.
The protection of personal privacy has become increasingly complex. Public awareness of the dramatic and sophisticated new advances in information processing technology has heightened consumers' concerns about the security and confidentiality of their personal information.
We look to you to do your part to insure that we continue to provide our customers with the confidentiality and security that is an essential component of superior service.
PaperClip Incorporated Privacy Promise
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers' trust. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at PaperClip. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services, and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the customer, or are required by law or our regulators.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
- We will tell customers in plain language initially, and at least once annually, how they may remove their names from marketing lists. At any time, customers can contact us to remove their names from such lists.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will not use or share - internally or externally - personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim, or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct our business in a manner that fulfills our promise in the many nations in which we do business.